Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Five-the moving edition

1. In one week, we close on the house and move. *gulp* Yes, panic has set in. Severe panic. I have a lot to do in the next week. And the idea we have to sell the house we are leaving is a scary prospect.

2. It's interesting trying to box up everything. I know as soon as I box something up, there will be a "need" for it. I've also found a lot of stuff I'd forgotten about. Lot of memories. I found my old girl scout sash. Found some collectibles given to the kids. Found some stuff from my previous dog who passed away in 2006. Found tiny onesies the kidlets used to wear.

3. Kids are nervous and unhelpful at this point even though they like the new house. *sigh* I might take them with me if I ever have to move again. Maybe. Critters know something is up but not what.

4. Packing tape dispensers are dangerous. I've cut myself on it umpteen times. I'm on my second roll of the stuff.

5. I covet boxes. When I walk through a store now, I don't notice what's being put out. I think, "Now that's a nice box..."

May the muses have packing tape and band-aids
Mechele

1 Comments:

Blogger raine said...

Had to come and play catch-up. :)

Congrats on the new house! Enjoy the adventure.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home