Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Five

1. Writing continues. I'm less than 10 K away from my target. So I'm definitely plodding along. Haven't really been working on Code Monkey too because of 2.

2. Cold and flu season struck! Nasty cold or flu? I dunno but geesh, it sucked. I was ready to throw in the towel a few times. Youngest didn't feel well and got better quicker than I did. *sigh* I think I'm old.

3. I was feeling pretty lousy last Friday so not only did I read Hunger Games but I read the second book by Suzanne Collins, too. Wow. The dystopian universe that's been created is bleak and utterly captivating. Katniss is a wonderful protagonist. She's not perfect and I identified with her immediately. Gale and Peeta are both engrossing characters and I find myself liking both of them. Oldest and I definitely want the third book soon!

4. Oldest can't decide what to be for Halloween. We have a Halloween party tomorrow night. Not sure what we're going to do about that. I told her she should be Katniss. Youngest wanted to be a Daleck but wound up going for a devil because she wasn't sure she could or would have time to make something.

5. Pssst??? Get ready for Sam Cheever's Trick or Treat contest!

May the muses have treats
Mechele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home