Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Five-the five best banned books I've read

1. Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Yes, my own school system challenged the book. I was already a fan of it, having read it long before the challenge.

2. Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston. I was blown away by this book in college. Still floors me that anyone would want to challenge it.

3. Any Harry Potter book. I adore the Harry Potter series. Not only did I fall in love with it, but I firmly believe that series cemented oldest's love of reading for which I'm eternally grateful.

4. The Color Purple by Alice Walker. Brutal book but heartwarming just the same.

5. Are you there God? It's me Margaret among other books by Judy Blume. Coming of age tales that influenced a generation and more.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home