Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

13 songs that make me cry by Mechele





I was feeling sort of maudlin when I started this last week.

1. Go Rest High on that Mountain by Vince Gill. It’s been 10 years last month since my brother passed away. That song, which is about Gill’s brother, puts a big old lump in my throat every time.

2. One wing in the Fire by Trent Tomlinson. It’s my Daddy to a tee. Been 10 years in June and very few days go by that I don’t think about him.

3. Christmas Shoes by Newsong. A story about a little boy and his dying mother at the holidays. They’d usually play it while I’d be in the car riders line. I’d either turn it or have tears streaming.

4. 18 Video Tapes by Jason Meadows. Dying father who makes a video legacy for his son.

5. The Old Rugged Cross My grandmother and mother loved that song.

6. The 23rd Psalm. My father could recite it from memory.

7. Daddy’s hands by Holly Dunn. Hmm I’m seeing a trend in these songs.

8. Friends by Michael W. Smith. Makes me think of friends who I haven’t kept up with and high school.

9. Love Me by Collin Raye. What a love story.

10. She’s in Love with the Boy by Trisha Yearwood. I dunno know why. But the last verse always makes me teary.

11. Kiki Kangaroo by Steve Weeks. Kiki reminds me so much of my youngest kidlet

12. Get Ready Get Set Don’t Go by Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus. Because I’m going to be there one day.

13. I will be here by Stephen Curtis Chapman. The hubby knows why :)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



2 Comments:

Blogger N.J.Walters said...

Music really can make you feel deep emotions and touch your heart. Great TT, Mechele.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Thanks NJ! It really can bring out emotions with the music and the words.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home