Friday Five Moving edition take 2
1. Some humor: Murphy's Law of Moving
1. No matter how many boxes you have, you will never have enough.
2. The more your friends promise to help, the more likely it is they will be deathly ill or out of town the weekend you are moving.
3. Whatever it is that you need, it is always in the bottom of a box that has already been taped shut.
4. Now that you are moving and no longer need it, you will always find something you have been looking for for years.
5. The tape, the scissors, the markers and the screwdriver all know how to play hide ‘n’ seek.
6. The thing that gets broken will always be an irreplaceable antique heirloom - never something cheap that you didn't like anyway.
7. Regardless of long the drought has been going on, it will always rain on moving day.
8. You will always loose your checkbook, your car keys, the remote control or the telephone.
9. If you stay up all night packing to be ready for the movers, they will be late.
10. No matter how large the new place is, it will shrink before you move in.
2. Some Music: My daughters are Dr. Who obssessed. Have been hearing this over and over and over again. This is the Great Luke Ski and "It Takes Who."
3. A picture: Youngest LOVES Matt Smith's Dr. Who. I hear a lot about Matt Smith.
4. A book: I've rediscovered the joys of comic strips and my kids are discovering them. I love Calvin and Hobbes and now they do, too!
5. More Music. My inspiration
Wish me luck moving!