Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Many varied things
And *cues drum roll*, most of the writing part is done on my new story, I Heart NY: Body Shots. I still need to do a quick read through and get it off to my editor. It topped off at 48 K! I'm really getting bad at estimating word count. I'm really happy with my chararcters!
I had an over 5 K day on Monday. Which is rare for me. I tend to write a small amount each day and not binge write. *G* it was a good day Monday.
My total so far for Sven is 30928, which I'm very happy with.
I did manage to blog at Book Worm Bags on a simple thing you can for promotion.
May the muses have progress
Friday, November 21, 2008
Coming up for air
The Never Ending story
Uh why yes the target was 35 K when I last posted... The end is in sight!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Don't worry about me...I've just...
It's due by Dec 1 so I'm on a mission to finish. It was originally going to be 30 K. Umm it grew!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Labels: Veterans Day
Monday, November 10, 2008
I blogged at Ladies of the Club on the Hero's Journey.
My participation in the 2008 Holiday Book Celebration is live at Writers Vineyard! If you click my name on the calendar, you're taken to a feature on the Six Curses of Christmas. There are a lot of great features on other holiday books by other authors as well. Hey, I'm already getting into the spirit. *G*
I was so so so sad to hear about Michael Crichton passing away. I was a huge fan. Read a lot of his books. I'll never forget when a friend read Jurassic Park and said, "OMG you have to read this." He said it was a book that he didn't think he'd like. As I'm a dinosaur geek, of course I read it and loved it. I bought The Lost World in hardback LOL. So was very serious about that series. I also loved the first few seasons of ER, a show that Crichton created.
My sympthy and thoughts go out to his family. He's a talent that will be missed.
I have a lot of news *blinks*. I'm going to be sharing with my newsletter group soon, and then will be posting here. Stay tuned!
I'm participating in 70 Days of Sweat, which begins today!
May the muses have holidays
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Tired but inspired
I have a lot to do, including a deadline that's...*gasp* in only a couple of weeks. So if I'm scarce, I'm hopefully writing my fingers to the bone. I've already heard my editor's whip *Grins*.
May the muses have inspiration
PS I found someone to talk to and had a great lunch and afternoon! We talked about meeting in Williamsburg at some point in the future.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Interview with Jeff Rivera
1. Tell us about Forever My Lady, your first book.
2. Forever My Lady went from being independently published to being published by Warner Books/Grand Central. Which sounds like a fascinating subject to me. Can you tell us more about that move?
3. What's up next for you?
4. What is your favorite part about the writing process?
I love the preparation, outline and planning phase of it. The vision of where the story will be and I love hearing what readers think about the book once it's done.
5. Was landing an agent difficult?
6. Where can we get Forever My Lady?
Thursday, November 06, 2008
1. Big Stone Gap Adriana Trigiani--Just read
2. I'm Watching you by Mary Burton--reading
3. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain-Read
4. Dark Hunger by Sara Reinke--TBR (what on earth am I waiting for? *blinks*)
5. Snow Blind by Lori G. Armstrong--TBR (ditto what I said above)
6. Storm Front by Jim Butcher--Read
7. Death Angel by Linda Howard--Read
8. Blue Smoke and Murder by Elizabeth Lowell--Read (and highly recommend!)
9. The Secret Sister by Elizabeth Lowell--Read (pretty good)
10. Family Business, With This Ring, Reality Check, Striking a Chord, Never Wink at a Worried Woman, She's Turning Into One of Them!, Teaching... is a Learning Experience, Senior's Discount, Home Sweat Home by Lynn Johnston--Read (the For Better or For Worse collection is nearly caught up *Grins*)
11. Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon--TBR (OMG what am I waiting for?)
12. Die for Me by Karen Rose--TBR
13. Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh--TBR
Labels: thursday thirteen
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
I posted over at the Romance Studio Faery Court forums
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Excercise your rights
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Today, I went and hung out with Treva Harte, her daughter, and Bobby Michaels (author of the Jock Dorm and Veterans series) *squeee*). I had met Treva before (a few times) and enjoyed the revisit. And I really enjoyed meeting Bobby. We did the Veterans series together and I've rather enjoyed his stories that I've read. We had lunch down near where I went to college, so was neat to see how much and how little things change.
*cough* a partial reason behind our lunch will be revealed soon *G*.
I guest blogged at JC Wilder's World on Getting it right. Thanks JC for letting me take over.
I blogged Tuesday at Book Worm Bags on another agent search tip.
May the muses have all kinds of things to talk about and more news to share