Blogging over at Loose ends today
1. Broken by Megan Hart
2. Duma Key by Stephen King
3. Passionate Ink, a Guide to writing Erotic Romance by Angela Knight
4. The Erotic Bondage Handbook by Jay Wiseman
5. Suncatcher A study of Madeleine L”Engle and her writing (appropriate since I just introduced the oldest to her)
6. Wolf’s Heart by Jenna Leigh
7. Bound for the Holidays by Mackenzie McKade
8. Rode Hard and Put up Web by Lorelei James.
9. Anything new by my critique partners, Melissa Lopez, Marissa Alwin, Corinne Davies, or Shy
10. Tempted by Megan Hart (On my TBB list)
11. The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen (either library or TBB)
12. Ally Blue just announced she has a print book coming out. Need to get that *G*.
13. Snow Blind by Lori G. Armstrong (not due until Oct 2008 but I can’t wait)
1. Working for a Living by Garth Brooks and Huey Lewis—Liked the original, Huey was my first concert ever *G*.
2. Love doesn’t live here anymore by Lady Antebellum
3. Stay by Sugarland
4. Between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace by Big and Rich
5. Get Ready Get Set Don’t Goy by Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus
6. All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar (from the movie Juno, not that I’ve seen the movie…)
7. Cleaning this Gun by Rodney Atkins
8. Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert
9. Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind by Kellie Pickler
10. The Best of Both Worlds Hannah Montana *big sigh*
11. Edna the Elephant by Seth Decker
12. I gotta go my own way by Gabriella on High School Musical.
13. I’m with the Band by Little Big Town
2. I can make up my own rules *G*. I write the world my characters play in. I love the control.
3. Good friends are only a thought away.
4. I don’t have to leave my house to do my job.
5. I don’t have to get it right the first time. I get a few passes to fix what’s broken.
6. I get to use words as my building blocks. I love them. Like to find new ones to use.
7. It’s a different job every day. Every character has their own nuances. Each story has its own vision.
8. Going along with 7, I never get bored. There’s always something else to create.
9. I love to tweak. I love to see my story come full circle to its full potential.
10. In writing romance, I get to write happily ever afters. It’s incredibly fulfilling.
11. The research rocks. I love going to new places, learning different things. I’m taking a class on Ireland right now. Thinking of taking a class on serial killers soon. You never know when something might pop up for a story.
12. Other authors are wonderful. Yes, I know all of them aren’t, but I’ve met soooo many wonderful people along the way. Melissa Lopez, Mari of Marissa Alwin, Flesa Black, Raine Weaver, Lyn Cash, Lauren Dane, Shara Lanel, Donna Dalton, Shelly Munro, JC Wilder, Sarah McCarthy, Angela Knight, Robin Schone, Sherrilyn Kenyon. And so many others. I’m sometimes in awe when I go to the bookstore and can point to a book and say “I know them online!”
13. It’s a wonderful creative outlet for a mind that’s busy. Instead of creating nightmares in my closet, I take up time making new words and new characters.